Having acted as launch publisher of Bizarre magazine in 1997, Mike edited the mag’s web-based ‘Ask Bizarre’ column from 1998-2000. Billed as ‘The net’s frankest Q&A’, the column fearlessly (or foolishly) promised to answer readers’ queries about everything from far-side fetishes to the recipe for Tolcarne biscuits. Mike handled most of the history queries on what became a highly popular and occasionally acclaimed site.
Click here for Mike’s ‘biography’ on the Meet the Bizarre Team page
Or click on the links below for sample Q&As from the Ask Bizarre archive.
- The Lincoln-Kennedy coincidences: total pants or what?
- Are London taxis required by law to carry straw in the boot?
- How did old-time circus sideshow ‘water spouters’ achieve their effects?
- 6 questions about Hitler
- Did Queen Victoria refuse to believe lesbians exist?
- Two more questions about Hitler
- Hanging Nazi war criminals
- How much blood can a person lose before the loss becomes fatal?